It’s exhilarating to find your twin flame finally. Your mirror soul.
That said, the possibility of separating from them is always there.
While no one is immune to this painful process, you need to know that it’s not the end. Every twin flame relationship is subject to these five separation stages:
1) The Conflict Stage (“The Test”)
Once you’ve met your twin flame, you feel an awakening – as if everything’s meant to be.
You’ve finally met your destiny.
You can’t help but fall for them – hard.
Just when you think everything’s fine and dandy – conflict happens.
It’s a stage that happens in traditional and twin flame relationships alike.
Once the honeymoon period is over, you might find yourself getting irked with your twin flame. They’re your mirror soul, after all.
If there’s something you hate in yourself, you’re bound to see it in your twin flame.
Expectedly, they may find some of your behaviors (similar to theirs) to be just as irritating.
No matter who raises the flag first, the relationship ends up being on the rocks.
Resolving twin flame conflicts
Conflicts don’t necessarily have to escalate to the next stage – crisis. You and your twin flame can work it out through these conflict resolution methods:
- Acknowledging the situation. You both need to accept the fact that there is some conflict brewing. That’s why you need to be honest with each other regarding your thoughts, emotions, etc.
- Allow your twin flame to express their feelings. It’s not wise to bottle up emotions for fear of offending the other. You both need to express your feelings, no matter how unpleasant they may be.
- Define the issue. What’s causing the conflict thus far? How is it affecting your twin flame relationship?
- Determine what both of you need. Conflict resolution is not saying who’s right and who’s wrong – it’s creating a solution that both of you find acceptable. To come up with this, you both need to look at your needs.
- Find areas of agreement. You both need to see eye-to-eye on the problem, the resulting fears, and the changes that need to be taken.
- Brainstorm solutions. One twin flame’s proposal may not be ‘enough’ for the other. If you don’t want the conflict to become a crisis, you both must think of solutions that can address both of your needs.
2) The Crisis Stage
Problems are bound to happen in every relationship, even if it’s one you share with your twin flame.
The only difference is the way you and your mirror soul handle the situation.
If you manage to solve your problems hand-in-hand, then you may prevent a full-blown crisis.
But if not, you both may end up sliding faster to the dreaded ‘running and chasing stage.’
Dealing with twin flame relationship crisis
According to relationship therapist Dr. Randi Gunther, here are some ways that may help fan the brewing crisis:
- Focus inward. It’s all about strengthening your twin flame bond. You need to resolve this crisis with one heart and mind – which should be easier granting your ‘two halves made one.’
- Rely on your strengths. Think about the characteristics that have made you and your relationship strong. For example, both of you are very patient people. Use these strengths to your advantage.
- Prevent an energy drain. When a relationship is in crisis, both parties’ energies are drained – physically, emotionally, and spiritually. It’s crucial to prevent these drains, as it may make one less resilient in the relationship. Worse, it may drive them to vices such as drugs or alcohol.
- Stop being a pessimist. Being cynical may hinder you both from focusing on the right solutions.
- Reach out for help as needed. Crisis can be overwhelming. Don’t be afraid to seek professional assistance if you need some.
3) The Running and Chasing Stage (Separation)
It’s the phase that many twin flames despise – the chase.
The start of the separation itself.
Unfortunately, this stage is inevitable. It may be as quick as a few weeks, though it can drag for several months to a few years.
It “will arise no matter how you worked through the previous stage,” according to relationship expert Mary J. Gibson.
The running part occurs when one mirror soul gets scared or intimidated by the bond they share. They can’t seem to handle the issues for that moment in time.
They feel the need to escape and protect themselves from any potential suffering.
Apart from leaving the relationship, the runner may avoid/ignore their twin flame.
They may seek solace in other people, especially one whom they feel is ‘safe.’
Worse, they may end up turning to vices, such as alcohol or drugs.
If there’s a runner in the relationship, then there’s the twin flame chaser. They’re often the ones left broken-hearted when their twin flame runs away.
Sadly, the more this person ‘chases’ the other, the likelier their twin flame will run away.
As the chaser in the relationship, you may feel like you died when your mirror soul left you.
Psychics call this devastating feeling the ‘dark night of the soul.’
It’s a time when you feel lost and depressed – as if there’s no point in living.
Although this feeling is akin to dying, it does provide a light at the end of the tunnel. As you trudge through this dark night, you’ll feel a new personality being reborn.
Why twin flames separate
- Your twin flame is not yet ready
More often than not, one mirror soul – the runner – is not yet ready for a passionate relationship. They feel the need to escape and abandon their twin flame, leaving the other to chase them.
Apart from being unready, the runner may not be as emotionally or spiritually mature as their twin flame.
Simply put – if one’s growing, but the other isn’t, the relationship will fall out of alignment.
- Lack of self-love
When one twin flame lacks self-love, the relationship may end up ridden with jealousy or codependency.
Such is the case because one believes that they need another to make them whole – when in fact, they need to be whole themselves first.
- One or both parties still need to grow
The timing may be good, but the relationship won’t succeed if one (or both twin flames) still needs to grow.
Although it’s possible to ‘grow’ together, some may see separation as the better way out.
It happens because “Someone feels stagnant and (they feel) like they’re not the best version of themselves,” explains psychotherapist Dr. Annette Nunez.
“The relationship can only last if it is based on mutual growth,” adds Dr. Shannon Kaiser.
- You’ve learned your lesson
You and your twin flame have crossed many lifetimes to teach each other a lesson.
Once you’ve learned what you needed to know this time, a separation may be inevitable – at least for now.
Remember: this doesn’t mean the end of the road. Maybe the timing is not suitable for now, so you and your mirror soul may need to wait some more before reuniting.
- What would a gifted advisory say?
While the reasons above should give you some indication on why twin flames separate, it’s hard to know for sure.
You may wonder, did we break up because of me?
So could getting some outside guidance help?
It’s fair to say there are plenty of frauds out there, just waiting to take advantage when we’re at our most vulnerable.
But after a really challenging breakup, I found that speaking to an advisor from Psychic Source was super helpful.
The advisor I spoke to was kind, understanding, and insightful.
My love reading gave me the guidance I was looking for (and needed) during a painful and confusing time. Since their advisors specialize in love, they could help you figure out what you did wrong in your relationship with your twin flame and how to fix your mistakes.
Separation pain, sickness, and depression
As with any other breakup, separating with your twin flame can be very painful.
Some describe it as so intense and unbearable that it ended up incapacitating them.
It feels like all your hopes and dreams have been crushed – and that your life is just an endless void.
As a result, many separated twin flames find themselves depressed.
Contrary to popular beliefs, it’s not just the chaser who feels this pain and depression.
The runner also feels this agony.
They miss their mirror soul the same way, although they think it’s not wise for them to reunite with their partner just yet.
Apart from the emotional pain, separated twin flames may feel physical manifestations as well. Some report stomach and chest pains, among many other symptoms.
Synchronicities during separation
During the stage of separation, both the chaser and runner may experience synchronicities. These are events that remind them of their twin flame.
They’re often mysterious or coincidental because they cannot be explained by the usual cause and effect.
Examples of synchronicities include:
- Receiving a call or text from your twin flame after thinking of them
- Dreaming about your twin flame
- Find your mirror soul’s name in the unlikeliest of places
- Seeing repeating numbers such as 11:11
- Hearing their song on the radio
While twin flames who have separated are bound to reunite soon, some do part ways permanently.
Unfortunately, this often happens when one (or both) parties refuse to heal or grow themselves. As a result, they remain stuck in a low vibration.
Add to that, permanent separation can also happen even if the twin souls decide to improve themselves.
They end up finding their soulmates, which is painful for one, but beautiful for the other.
Want to know for certain whether you’ll find your soulmate?
Let’s face it:
We can waste a lot of time and energy with people who ultimately we’re not compatible with. Finding your soulmate isn’t exactly easy either.
But what if there was a way to remove all the guesswork?
I’ve just stumbled upon a way to do this… a professional psychic artist who can draw a sketch of what your soulmate looks like.
Even though I was a bit skeptical at first, my friend convinced me to try it out a few weeks ago.
Now I know exactly what he looks like. The crazy thing is that I recognized him right away.
If you’re ready to find out what your soulmate looks like, get your own sketch drawn here.
4) The Surrender
As a chaser, you might have done everything to get your twin flame back.
Sadly, the more you chase, the more they’ll run away from you.
That said, it’s time to surrender.
As DatingScout.com founder Chris Pleines explains it: “The need to control has to be given up.”
Do note that it’s only the control you’re letting go of, not the entire twin flame connection.
As Gibson puts it: “Surrendering doesn’t mean giving up on the connection but accepting that destiny can’t be escaped.”
In this stage of surrender, there are eight things you can do to help you heal:
Love yourself first
As mentioned, the lack of self-love is one of the reasons why twin flames separate.
It’s hard to love someone if you don’t fully love yourself first.
If you want to reunite with your mirror soul, you need to accept who you are, flaws and all.
Take this time alone to be your own company.
Find it hard to love yourself? Let these 100 quotes remind you of the importance of self-love.
Accept the separation
When you learn to love yourself, you slowly accept the circumstances that made your twin flame run away from you.
It means loving them without judgment, despite the immense pain you’re feeling.
Who knows? Your twin soul may be doing the same. They may be trying to learn their lessons one step at a time.
As you both begin to live in the moment, the possibility of reunion slowly opens.
Raise your vibrations
As mentioned, twin flames that remain in low vibration often separate permanently. That’s because they end up attracting negative people and events.
To avoid this bleak possibility, you need to work on raising your vibrations. By doing so, you get to connect and heal yourself.
Here are some ways to raise your vibrations – and pave the way for a twin soul reunion.
- Breathe deeply
- Do yoga flow
- Be mindful
- Be kind
- Walk outside and reconnect with Mother Nature
- Take a sound bath
- Look after your chakras
- Use some crystals
Being positive is akin to self-love. It’s also helpful in raising your vibrations, which is vital for a twin flame reunion.
Being positive is as simple as uttering affirmations every day. Whenever you feel down and ready to give up, tell yourself this:
I am healing.
I am powerful.
I am loved.
I am attracting love.
Twin flame separations can be so painful that you end up ignoring the little things.
That said, it’s important to remain grateful during this stage of surrender.
For one, you should be thankful that you got the opportunity to meet your twin flame. Not all people have the chance to commune with their mirror soul.
Likewise, you should be thankful for the experiences you’ve had together. They help make you stronger and better than you were before.
Follow your dreams
Now that you have this downtime, it’s time for you to pursue your life’s purpose.
What have you always wanted to do in the first place?
Take the surrender stage as an opportunity to heed your passion.
Maybe you’ve always wanted to travel or open your coffee shop.
Well, the time to do these things is NOW!
If your body isn’t well-fed, your soul won’t get the nourishment it needs.
If you want to raise your vibrations, you need to eat well.
Fruits, vegetables, and ‘natural’ foods help improve your vibrations – processed food doesn’t. So if you want a healthy body and soul, then stick to this diet.
5) The Long-Awaited Reunion
Although twin flame separation is inevitable, it’s not always permanent.
In most cases, twin flames find themselves back together in a long-anticipated reunion.
According to Pleines, “If you focus your energies toward improving yourself to meet your twin flame halfway, then it’s most likely that you’ll be able to reconnect. Once you do, you’ll have a union of mind, body, and soul—a perfect trifecta some can’t even begin to imagine.”
Apart from restoring the balance of the relationship, this reunion enables you to understand yourself – and your twin flame – better.
Simply put: reuniting with your twin flame is all about achieving peace, understanding, and acceptance.
12 signs that a twin flame reunion is happening soon
So how do you know if a reunion with your mirror soul is on its way? Well, you need to do is be on the lookout for these signs:
- You feel excited and relaxed.
- You keep on seeing symbols and repeated numbers, such as 11:11. It’s often similar to the synchronicities you feel during your separation.
- You keep on dreaming about your twin flame. It’s telepathy at work.
- You feel their energy. They may be far away from you, but it feels like they’re right beside you.
- You feel that something is missing. You’re yearning for somebody – your twin flame – and they’re feeling it too.
- You feel drawn to a place where you and your twin flame may eventually meet.
- You suddenly want to do something that you don’t usually do. Like being drawn to a specific place, it’s the universe’s way of bringing you two together.
- You feel like you’re out on a mission to be a hero. It’s called the hero instinct, which you can learn more about here.
- You experience a spiritual, astral interaction with your mirror soul.
- You find that your ego is no longer ‘that’ important. You’ve grown during the phase of surrender, after all.
- You’re ready – more than ever.
- You feel complete.
Remember once you’ve managed to reunite with your twin flame after years of separation, don’t let them go!
By now you should have a good idea of the 5 incredible twin flame separation stages. But if you’re still unsure in which stage you’re in, I recommend getting in touch with a trustworthy love advisor.
I mentioned Psychic Source earlier. Based on my own personal experience with them, I know they’re legit, kind, and helpful.
So instead of leaving things up to chance, take control of this situation and clarify what’s in store for your future.
Speaking to one of their experienced advisors was a turning point for me, and I think it could be for you too – especially if you want to find out everything there is to know about your twin flame separation.
Can a relationship coach help you too?
If you want specific advice on your situation, it can be very helpful to speak to a relationship coach.
I know this from personal experience…
A few months ago, I reached out to Relationship Hero when I was going through a tough patch in my relationship. After being lost in my thoughts for so long, they gave me a unique insight into the dynamics of my relationship and how to get it back on track.
If you haven’t heard of Relationship Hero before, it’s a site where highly trained relationship coaches help people through complicated and difficult love situations.
In just a few minutes you can connect with a certified relationship coach and get tailor-made advice for your situation.
I was blown away by how kind, empathetic, and genuinely helpful my coach was.