Rejection is never easy to take, especially if you’ve fallen for the person in question.
If a girl rejects your romantic or sexual advances, it can be an extremely awkward and uncomfortable moment.
It can also leave you wondering what you did wrong and if you should attempt to pursue that person again.
Yet rejection isn’t always a bad thing. It prevents us from getting involved with someone who isn’t right for us.
So if a girl has rejected you, here are the 63 best messages to send her divided into categories depending on your reaction:
1) Positive and relaxed
Listen, even if this girl rejected you, you don’t want to be rude or harsh with her. Instead, your attitude should be more positive and relaxed.
You can use the following messages to show her you didn’t take her rejection personally:
- “That’s cool. I wish you all the best and hope we can be friends.”
- “Don’t worry about it. It was never meant to be. I wish you all the best and hope we can remain friends.”
- “Hey, don’t worry about it. I know that it wasn’t meant to be for us. Wishing you good luck in your search for love!”
- “I understand. I really wish you all the best in your life and your decisions.”
- “Hey, don’t worry about it. I’m sure you’ll find someone who will make you happy one day.” (said with a smiley)
- “That’s cool. You’ll find someone who means more to you one day.” (said with a smiley)
- “Hey, don’t worry about it. It happens to the best of us. I wish you good luck in finding what you’re looking for.”
Either one of those would be a great way for you to send a message like that without sounding frustrated or rude.
2) Short and sweet
If you have been rejected by a girl, don’t worry, it happens to almost all of us.
A good way to show that you are feeling ok about her decision is by using one of the following messages:
- “I understand we couldn’t work out. I wish you all the best in finding your own happiness.”
- “I understand. I just wanted you to know that I really enjoyed talking to you. Take care and stay awesome!”
- “It’s ok. We are all looking for something different in life.”
- “I’m happy we could talk. I wish you all the best in finding what you’re looking for.”
- “I really enjoyed the time we spent together. You’ll find someone who suits you.”
- “You deserve to be happy and I’m glad you let me know about it.”
- “It’s ok. It happens all the time. I wish you good luck in your search for love.”
The best thing about these messages is their simplicity. They’re short and straight to the point.
You see, these messages will let the girl know that you are mature enough to deal with her bluntness while remaining positive enough not to be upset about it.
3) A little bit sad, but generally okay
Maybe you were really hoping that this girl could be the one for you and she rejected you.
The following messages are a good way to show that you are sad about her rejection but also okay with her decision:
- “I wish it had worked out, but I understand your reasons. I hope you are happy in life.”
- “I wish you all the best. Take care and stay awesome like you always do.”
- “I really enjoyed talking to you the other day. You’ve done me a favor by letting me know where I stand. Take care and stay awesome.”
- “I’m happy we talked. I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed talking with you and hope we can still be friends.”
- “That’s disappointing to hear. I did think we’d have a lot in common, but you are looking for something different. I hope you find what you’re looking for.”
- “Oh, no. That’s too bad. Hope everything works out for you.”
- “I’m sorry to hear that. I thought you were into me too, but obviously, we misread each other.”
4) Funny and relaxed
Sometimes, even though you’ve been rejected by a girl, it would be great to send her a funny and relaxed message like the following.
That way, you will show her that even though she couldn’t find that connection with you, you aren’t taking it personally.
- “I better cancel our wedding cake preorder then. Just kidding. I’m sorry you feel this way.”
- “Ah, too bad. Just when I came up with the best names for our kids.”
- “This was unexpected. I have a lot of dinner reservations to cancel.”
- “Oh, no. Now I have to call everyone who knows about you.”
- “Now that’s a bummer. You know how that saying goes, ‘you always want what you can’t have.'”
- “Oh, ok. I thought I was being smooth, but it turns out you’re just that cute.”
- “Oh, no. This must be a sign! We would’ve had the most gorgeous babies.”
In general, sending messages like these is a great way to lighten the mood and show her that you are comfortable with her decision.
They also show that even though you were rejected, you are still an optimistic and happy person who will find someone else in no time.
5) Honest and brief
Has she led you on? If she’s been flirting with you and then suddenly changed her mind, there are a few things you can say to her.
Your message should be honest and brief. It should let her know what you honestly think about her decision.
Here are good messages that would do just that:
- “I’m sorry, I thought we had something special, but it just wasn’t meant to be between us.”
- “I’m a little hurt. I thought you cared about me as much. Have a great day.”
- “It’s too bad. Sorry, we couldn’t find something compatible with us.”
- “I’m really sorry. I really like you a lot and hoped we would have something special. Have a good life.”
- “Oh, no. That’s disappointing to hear. I really like you and thought we had something special. I wish you all the best.”
- “I’m sorry, but I really thought we had something special between us. Wishing you well.”
- “Too bad. I thought differently. Thanks for telling me that.”
These messages let the girl know that you are honest enough not to lie about your feelings and also respectful enough not to blame her for your rejection.
You should never try to make yourself feel better by blaming someone else for your own actions/decisions.
6) Emotional yet optimistic
If you have been rejected by a girl and you believe she was a great match for you, then it might be a good idea to ask her to reconsider the situation.
A good way to show that you are optimistic about the future is by using “I hope” and/or “I wish” in your message. Here are good messages that would do just that:
- “I hope you reconsider. I really like you.”
- “I wish we could have had a chance to get to know each other.”
- “I hope you don’t regret this decision. I still think we’d have something special.”
- “Please reconsider. You’re a great person and would be a wonderful match for me.”
- “I hope you think about it and give us a chance. I really mean it.”
- “I really wish you would reconsider. I have a lot to offer.”
- “I hope you reconsider. I really like you and thought we had something special.”
These messages have to be subtle and direct enough not to come off as desperate or controlling.
They also have to be optimistic enough to show the girl that you believe she’ll eventually reconsider and give the two of you a chance.
7) Acknowledge and say something else
Sometimes, a girl will just flat-out reject you. If this is the case, there are two things you can do.
First, you can acknowledge her decision – and then say something else, such as:
- “Oh, ok. I just want to share with you this link about that ancient civilization we’ve talked about.”
- “That’s too bad. One last thing though: here’s how to calculate your taxes. Have a good one.”
- “Oh, I understand. Here’s a link to a blog post about what we’ve talked about.”
- “Oh, ok. One more thing though: here’s the number of my friend who plays on a local rugby team. Have a good one.”
- “I understand. Even so, I want to show you this post about our conversation that was really interesting.”
- “That’s too bad, but here are some good recipes, just in case you have a free weekend to cook.”
- “That’s too bad. Just one more thing though – here’s a link to some of my favorite podcasts. You said you were interested.”
8) Don’t send her any message
Did it cross your mind that you could simply not message her back?
It could be an option.
Just realize that you might lose out on future opportunities with her if you don’t at least try to be nice.
However, if you really don’t want to talk to her at all, then that’s fine.
Just don’t message her. She’ll get the idea.
In fact, she might think about you more than if you’d given her a mean or overly long message.
However, if you do send her any message, then try not to take it too seriously or be rude.
This way you’ll show her that while you’ve possibly lost out on a chance with her, you’re still a great person who doesn’t take rejects personally and has plenty of other options.
9) Positive about the future
The last thing you should do is: don’t be negative and don’t try to argue with her or prove that she’s wrong. All this will do is make it worse.
Even if you think she’s wrong, keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself for now.
So, what can you say in a rejection message? You can simply say something like:
- “I understand. If you ever change your mind, I would love to take you out sometime. Have a good one.”
- “That’s too bad. I hope you change your mind.”
- “I understand, but I’m sorry we couldn’t find anything special between us. Maybe we will in the future.”
- “How unfortunate. Hopefully, you’ll reconsider in the future.”
- “Oh, that’s too bad. I was actually a little excited about getting to know you better.”
- “That’s too bad. I still think you’re a great person and we’d have something special.”
- “Oh, thank you for telling me that! I hope that sometime in the future we can get together for coffee and talk some more.”
10) Positivity and confidence
If you get a rejection, don’t let it affect your entire life.
So, instead of dwelling on what just happened or trying to bring yourself down, try to express positivity and confidence in your message.
Here are some suggestions:
- “I understand. You are a noticeably better match for someone else. I wish you all the best.”
- “That’s too bad. I really enjoyed your company. It was great to chat and learn more about you.”
- “That’s too bad. However, I appreciate your honesty and respect that you told me where I stand.”
- “I really enjoyed talking to you, and I wish we had something special between us. Too bad it didn’t happen.”
- “You are a cool person. I hope you find someone else who will appreciate you as much as I do.”
- “I understand that you have decided not to pursue a romantic relationship with me, and I respect your decision completely.”
- “Oh, that’s too bad. I’m sorry I couldn’t offer you what you wanted.”
Rejection can be difficult to deal with, but it’s an obstacle that most have to face at some point in their lives.
Whether or not you find yourself in a situation where you receive a rejection message from a girl, keep your cool and remain positive.
Being positive about rejection will help you to handle rejection in the future and keep your ego from being too bruised.
If you receive a rejection message from a girl, don’t take it personally. Try to learn from it and use it to improve your game.
Can a relationship coach help you too?
If you want specific advice on your situation, it can be very helpful to speak to a relationship coach.
I know this from personal experience…
A few months ago, I reached out to Relationship Hero when I was going through a tough patch in my relationship. After being lost in my thoughts for so long, they gave me a unique insight into the dynamics of my relationship and how to get it back on track.
If you haven’t heard of Relationship Hero before, it’s a site where highly trained relationship coaches help people through complicated and difficult love situations.
In just a few minutes you can connect with a certified relationship coach and get tailor-made advice for your situation.
I was blown away by how kind, empathetic, and genuinely helpful my coach was.
The above link will give you $50 off your first session - an exclusive offer for Love Connection readers.